Project Management Services
Refurbishment and improvement works at domestic properties need to be properly managed. Some small schemes can be successfully managed by the home owner, but for larger projects such as extensions, loft conversions and new kitchens or bathrooms, it’s advisable to employ a professional project manager to oversee and co-ordinate the work.
What A Project Manager Can Offer
If you employ a project manager they should undertake or be responsible for the following:
- Preliminary discussions with you about the project
- Agree designs for the scheme with you and an architect or structural engineer, as appropriate
- Submission of applications for planning and building regulations approval, as required
- Costing out the scheme, providing estimates and producing working drawings
- Meetings with planners, building control inspectors and utility companies, where appropriate
- Liaison with you throughout the duration of the contract period
- Creating a programme for the works, including scheduling of all materials and labour on site
- Advising you how work will impact on your living areas during the project
- Liaising with appropriate authorities to request inspections of the works
- Ordering all construction materials and fittings at the appropriate time
- Arranging the manufacture of specific project features such as a staircase and furniture
- Sourcing, engaging, co-ordinating and overseeing sub-contractors
- Managing and controlling labour, quality of work and usage of materials
- Arranging for all completed works to be tested and completion certificates issued
- Agreeing with you for periodic payments to me made, when appropriate
- Checking all works to ensure it has been carried out in accordance with the design
- Effectively communicating with everyone involved in the project, especially you.
As can be seen, a project manager requires many skills, which can only be developed through years of experience carrying out projects successfully.
The Benefits Of Using HC Carpentry & Joinery
The major advantage of employing a firm such as HC Carpentry and Joinery to manage your project is that you, as the client, can rely on a single channel of communication. All the responsibility for the works is shouldered by the project manager from the initial ideas, throughout construction, up to and beyond the point of completion.
If you’re planning a project which would benefit from professional project management, contact us on to for advice and a free quotation.